Jet Star Charters was formed in April 1989 to charter a specialised fast aluminium shallow water jet workboat to the Civil Engineering Industry.
The main advantages of our survey/work/crew/safety/dive boat "Jet Star" over conventional propeller craft are:
- Extend the tidal working "window" in shallow and drying harbours.
- Navigate over ropes etc.
- Navigate in strong tidal conditions.
- Highly manoeuvrable at slow speeds.
- Cannot hurt divers or "man overboard" with propeller.
- Can go alongside yachts/plastic pipe without damage (due to fendering system).
- Is road transportable on standard 10 ton flatbed lorry.
- Is fully supported by small spares/service van towed by motorhome.
The proprietor of Jet Star Charters has extensive experience of operation of shallow water jet boats in a commercial environment, having previously been employed in the offshore oil and dredging industries.